10 tips from my previous blog posts on how to get the best out of your running…
- Always use Vaseline – read more (this helps with the infamous runner’s nipples)
- Don’t run on empty – read more
- Don’t run when not feeling well – read more
- Vary your training and run some hills – read more
- Ignore the weather and just run – read more
- Do some intervals (run slow and then fast and repeat) – read more
- Have a plan – read more
- Don’t forget to recover – read more
- Be motivated – read more
- Set a pace and keep to it – read more
These are tips that I’ve found work very well and help you improve – both speeds and distances covered and they help to keep injuries at bay.
One extra one not mentioned – let’s put in as number 0 – so right at the top, get good shoes! So so so important and it makes a huge difference. Go to a specialist running shop – like Sweatshop – and get professional advice. Try the shoes out, test a few pairs and see which suit you best. And the blog post about the good shoes tip is here.