The ultimate quotes – inspirational, motivational and more – from Olympic athletes…
- “Falling in life is inevitable, staying down is optional” ~ Carrie Johnson
- “Never put an age limit on your dreams” ~ Dara Torres
- “When anyone tells me I can’t do anything, I’m just not listening anymore” ~ Florence Griffith Joyner
- “The only way to overcome is to hang in” ~ Dan O’Brien
- “If you want to be the best, you have to do things that other people aren’t willing to do” ~ Michael Phelps
- “It’s not the destination, it’s the journey” ~ Missy Franklin
- “Nothing can substitute for just plain hard work” ~ Andre Agassi
- “Everything that I’ve ever been able to accomplish in skating and in life has come out of adversity and perseverance” ~ Scott Hamilton
- “The potential for greatness lives within each of us” ~ Wilma Rudolph
- “Have fun, because that’s what life is all about” ~ Ryan Lochte
And a link to another blog (“parents desk”) with some more great quotes.
Truly inspirational. The motto for the London 2012 Olympics was “Inspire a generation” – I think they’ve gone way beyond this and inspired generations.
London does it best. I can’t wait for the Paralympics and we’ve got tickets. Super humans and even more inspiration.